Your mission support partner
Simplesense helps security forces, fire & emergency services, and facility managers respond faster during emergency incidents by facilitating data-sharing agreements between platforms and organizations.
Innovating for Defense
We have worked with the Department of Defense on over $2 million in fast-scaling Small Business Innovation Research (SBIR) contracts managed by the United States Air Force. After gaining the support of Air Force stakeholders, SimpleSense has translated small discovery contracts into meaningful prototypes that can scale rapidly.
Our awarded contracts include:
- $950 million ceiling Indefinite Delivery Indefinite Quantity (IDIQ) contract through Advanced Battle Management System (ABMS)
- $9 million for the first-ever enterprise Other Transaction Authority (OTA) agreement with the Air Force Civil Engineer Center (AFCEC) to develop the Installation Resiliency Operations Center (IROC)
- $1 million Phase II SBIR with Wright Patterson Air Force Base through AFWERX
- $750K Phase II SBIR with Nellis Air Force Base through Kessel Run
- $50k Phase I SBIR award through AFWERX
- $50k Phase I SBIR award through PEO-Digital and Kessel Run
- $30k Commercial Solutions Opening (CSO) contract with Travis Air Force Base
Frequently asked questions
SimpleSense helps security forces, fire & emergency services, and facility managers respond faster during emergency incidents by facilitating data-sharing agreements between platforms and organizations.
Simplesense validated response time savings through interviews with 90 corporate crisis and risk managers, multiple SBIR contracts with the U.S. Air Force in Boston, and functional exercises with fire departments in Reno and Erie, PA. Additional testing is underway with TEEX, a non-profit public safety testing company.
Simplesense worked with the Department of Defense through several Small Business Innovation Research (SBIR) contracts, a Commercial Solutions Opening (CSO) contract, and an Indefinite Delivery Indefinite Quantity (IDIQ) contract.
Simplesense is also working with Fortune 500 companies, as well as other private enterprises and universities.
Cybersecurity is key to any integration effort, and we often have to face strict compliance requirements. Simplesense takes privacy and security compliance very seriously, and has a team of experts to ensure that all compliance requirements are met.
As part of ongoing work with the Air Force, Simplesense developed compliance with NIST 800-171, 800-53, and the Cybersecurity Maturity Model Certification. Maintaining compliance with rapidly changing regulations is a core component of our services.
AFWERX is expanding technology, talent, and transition partnerships for rapid and affordable commercial and military capability. Organizationally, AFWERX has three efforts: AFVentures, Spark, and Prime. Simplesense is involved with AFWERX through AFVentures.
AFVentures is all about tapping both U.S. and global tech ecosystems, using military problems to accelerate commercial technologies.
The Small Business Innovation Research (SBIR) program is a highly competitive program that encourages domestic small businesses to engage in Federal Research/Research and Development (R/R&D) with the potential for commercialization. Through a competitive awards-based program, SBIR enables small businesses to explore their technological potential and provide the incentive to profit from its commercialization. By including qualified small businesses in the nation’s R&D arena, high-tech innovation is stimulated, and the United States gains entrepreneurial spirit as it meets its specific research and development needs.
The mission of the SBIR program is to support scientific excellence and technological innovation through the investment of Federal research funds in critical American priorities to build a strong national economy.
The program’s goals are to:
- Stimulate technological innovation.
- Meet Federal research and development needs.
- Foster and encourage participation in innovation and entrepreneurship by women and socially or economically disadvantaged persons.
- Increase private-sector commercialization of innovations derived from Federal research and development funding.
If you have any other questions or concerns, feel free to reach out via our contact form below, or by sending an email to email@example.com.